How it Works
Fresh Bucks helps Seattle residents afford fruits and vegetables.
If you are an eligible and enrolled participant, you will receive $40 every month in your Fresh Bucks account. Use your Fresh Bucks Card or the app linked to your account to buy fruits and vegetables at any Fresh Bucks retailer.
How to Use Fresh Bucks
Use your Fresh Bucks Card or app to buy fruits and vegetables at a variety of retailers in Seattle
Received Your Card?
Activate your Fresh Bucks account to use your card or app at retailers across Seattle.
What Can I Buy with Fresh Bucks?
At Seattle farmers markets, farm stands, and small grocers:
Buy fresh, frozen, canned, or dried fruits and vegetables with no added fats, sugars, or salt.
At large Seattle grocers:
Buy fresh fruits and vegetables at participating large grocers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I apply for Fresh Bucks?
You can apply online or over the phone. The application period starts on October 11, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. and ends on October 29, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Click here to learn more.
Do my benefits expire?
Yes. Any benefits that you do not use by the end of the month will expire. Unspent benefits do not roll over into the following month.
Meet our Customers
“I am so grateful for Fresh Bucks. In the past, I wasn’t always able to purchase as many fruits and vegetables as I can now. I have diabetes, and my doctor has been impressed to see that my A1C has lowered since I started using Fresh Bucks. I credit this improvement to the healthier meals I am now able
—Derrick, Fresh Bucks Customer
SNAP/EBT Incentive Programs
If you use a SNAP/EBT card (food stamps), you can access Fresh Bucks Savings, SNAP Market Match, and SNAP Produce Match to help you afford more fruits and vegetables at any participating Fresh Bucks retailer. All you need is your SNAP/EBT card. No additional registration or sign up is needed.
Fresh Bucks Savings at Small Grocers and Farm Stands
- Shop for qualifying fruits and vegetables*
- Pay with your EBT card
- Get 50% off your qualifying fruits and vegetables* purchase
SNAP Market Match at the Farmers Market
- Go to the market’s Information Booth
- Swipe your EBT card for the amount you want to spend at the market
- You will receive that amount in EBT tokens AND that same amount in SNAP Market Match dollars.
- Shop for fresh fruits and vegetables, seeds, and plant starts using SNAP Market Match dollars.
SNAP Produce Match at Large Grocers
- Buy at least $10 in qualifying fruits and vegetables* with your EBT card at participating retailers.
- Get a $5 coupon printed directly on your receipt to spend on fruits and vegetables on your next shopping trip.
SNAP Market Match and SNAP Produce Match are part of Washington’s State Fruit and Vegetable Incentive program.
*Qualifying fruits and vegetables are any fresh, frozen, canned or dried fruits and vegetables with no added fats, sugars, or salt.